Help & Emergency Services
If you are seeking housing/shelter:
To apply for shelter services, please call (866) 584-0653 and speak with a Homeless Coordinator.
There is no on-line application for emergency shelter. You must call the number above for assistance.
To apply for Emergency Assistance and speak with a Homeless Coordinator please call (866) 584-0653
There is no on-line application for emergency shelter. Please call the number above for assistance.
Offices have reopening, but staffing and hours have changed. Please see details below on when regional offices are open. All offices are open from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Boston – 2201 Washington Street, Boston (Roxbury) – Nubian Square – Open Monday through Friday.
- Brockton – 60 Main Street – Open Monday through Friday.
- Chelsea – 80 Everett Avenue, 3rd Floor – Open Monday through Friday.
- Hyannis – 181 North Street – Open Thursday.
- Lawrence – 280 Merrimack Street – Open Monday through Friday.
- Lowell – 131 Davidson Street – Open Tuesday.
- New Bedford – 160 West Rodney French Boulevard – Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Salem – 45 Congress Street, Suite 1176 – Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Springfield – 310 State Street – Open Monday through Friday.
- Worcester – 50 Southwest Cutoff – Open Monday through Friday.
Heading Home’s adult individual client referrals come from a Coordinated Entry system for a particular “Continuum of Care”. That is to say, our referrals come from a database of applications designed to house the most vulnerable individuals in a specific geographic area. For example, all applications for any Program in the Cambridge area come from the Cambridge Coordinated Access Network (C-CAN) in the Cambridge CoC. Here at Heading Home, we also have programs in the Balance of State CoC and Boston CoC. The Balance of State CoC programs include housing in areas such as Malden, Everett, Medford, Chelsea, Revere, while the Boston CoC housing opportunities are only within Boston.
If clients are interested, I would suggest completing the Cambridge Coordinated Access Network and Balance of State applications below. These applications will place clients on waitlists for several organizations. Based on vulnerability, clients will be referred to the first agency with an opening at a program for which they meet the requirements. There is a possibility that they may not be placed with Heading Home but they may have the opportunity to be housed with many more organizations that may be able to help.
- Balance of State Application (as well as instructions on how to complete it).
- Cambridge Coordinated Access Network Application, which provides information on how to complete their application at the Multi-Service Center, located at 362 Green Street, 1st floor, Cambridge, MA 02139.
- Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) resource locator, which can be searched by communities- or through the Boston.gov website
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Tamari at email@example.com