Falmouth Road Race
Thank you for your interest in running for Team Heading Home at the 2023 Falmouth Road Race. Heading Home’s mission is to end homelessness in Greater Boston. Running for Team Heading Home helps raise essential funds for our programs that have been supporting men, women, and children on their paths out of homelessness for nearly 50 years.
Why Fundraise for Heading Home?
- Heading Home supports 1,600+ men, women, and children experiencing homelessness annually
- Heading Home supports families with children AND individuals
- We believe the path to permanent housing begins with a HOME and is most successful when paired with other supportive services
- The average age of a child in HH programs is 8 years old
- 83% of Heading Home clients identify as non-white and/or Hispanic/Latinx
- 97% of households remained in permanent housing one year after leaving shelter
- Heading Home’s reach spans eastern Massachusetts; we help families and individuals in Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Lawrence, Malden, Medford, Quincy, Revere, and Somerville
Why Join Team Heading Home?
- Heading Home’s Development team will provide 1:1 support to help your fundraising efforts
- All HH runners will be invited to volunteer at a Heading Home shelter during the summer
- We process donations and send thank you notes/tax receipts to all supporters
- We provide updates on individual goals and our overall team goal
- You’ll receive a specialty Team Heading Home/Falmouth Road Race singlet
- You’ll receive Heading Home branded swag to represent Team Heading Home
- Your fundraising will be highlighted on Heading Home social media channels to help secure donations from the Heading Home community
- We’ll provide custom content for you to share with your networks
- Reach out to Amelia Kraus if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- At-home runners must be registered by July 31 to receive a runner kit
- Registration closes August 9
- Race Day is August 20
- Fundraising closes September 30