Heading Home CEO Danielle Ferrier is honored to join the MHSA (Massachusetts Housing & Shelter Alliance) Member Advisory Board as an inaugural member to advise MHSA on advocacy, policy issues, and emerging trends and practices in addressing homelessness.
“I am so excited that Danielle Ferrier of Heading Home was selected to join our Advisory Board, not just because of Heading Home’s premier role as a source of best practices regarding supportive housing, but also because Danielle and I have worked together over the years, even prior to her coming to Heading Home, on so many critical issues from transitional age youth to lack of appropriate resources for those persons being housed who also have serious clinical issues. I appreciate not only her clinical background but also her critical thinking and her willingness never to be afraid to speak the truth, even when it might be sometimes difficult to hear. It is why over many years I have often sought her counsel. What better person could you have advising our organization?”
– Joe Finn, Executive Director of MHSA
This new Member Advisory Board will “raise up the many economic, social, housing, and human services issues contributing to homelessness and speak to the necessary solutions. They will play a critical part in moving forward MHSA’s advocacy agenda,” said Finn.
Danielle is honored to join the following nonprofit leaders as inaugural members of the MHSA Member Advisory Board:
- Leah Bradley, Executive Director, Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance, Inc.
- Lyndia Downie, President and Executive Director, Pine Street Inn
- Jason Ercolano, Associate Director of Day Shelter Services, St. Francis House
- Danielle Ferrier, CEO, Heading Home, Inc
- Susan Gentili, President & CEO, South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC)
- Erin George, Assistant Director of Housing Services, Action Inc.
- Brad Gordon, Executive Director/Staff Attorney, Berkshire County Regional Housing Authority
- Hariel Morency, Director of Behavioral Health, Hearth, Inc.
- Andy McCawley, President and Chief Executive Officer, New England Center and Home for Veterans
- Heidi Nelson, CEO, Duffy Health Center
- Theresa Nicholson, Director Diversion, Shelter and Housing, CHD
- Pamela Schwartz, Director, Western Massachusetts Network to End Homelessness
- Regina Small, Founder/Executive Director, A Home 4 Everyone, Inc.
- Lornece Tull, Director of Housing and Stability Services, HomeStart
- John Yazwinski, President & CEO, Father Bill’s & MainSpring
Read MHSA’s full press release here.