Pictured Above: Heading Home CEO Danielle Ferrier alongside Marylou Sudders, MA Secretary of Health and Human Services
Heading Home is delighted to share that our CEO, Danielle Ferrier, has been named a member of Boston’s Special Commission to End Family Homelessness.
In 2020, a city ordinance was passed to establish a Special Commission to End Family Homelessness. The purpose of the Special Commission is to develop an actionable and measurable plan to end family homelessness in Boston.
Danielle joins the Mayor of Boston, the City’s Chief of Housing, the City’s Chief of Health and Human Services, the Boston Public Schools Superintendent, as well as state seats including the Governor of Massachusetts, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, the Secretary of the Department of Housing and Community Development, representatives from the Boston Legislative Delegation, homeless service providers and individuals with lived experience of homelessness or housing insecurity.
- City Councilor Erin Murphy
- Jim Greene, Assistant Director for Street Homelessness Initiatives, Mayor’s Office of Housing, City of Boston
- Sheila Dillon, Chief of Housing, City of Boston
- Brian Marques, Senior Director of Opportunity Youth, Boston Public Schools
- Kate Bennett, Boston Housing Authority Administrator
- Alvina Brevard, Associate Director for Division of Housing Stabilization, Department of Housing and Community Development
- Kate Barrand, President and CEO, Horizons for Homeless Children
- Catherine D’Amato, President and CEO, Greater Boston Food Bank
- Shiela Moore, CEO, Hildebrand Family Self Help Center, Inc.
- Larry Seamans, President, Family Aid Boston
- Danielle Ferrier, CEO, Heading Home Inc.
- Linn Torto, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Interagency Council on Housing and Homelessness
- State Senator Lydia Edwards
- State Representative Brandy Fluker Oakley
Official Announcement: https://www.boston.gov/news/mayor-wu-announces-members-special-commission-end-family-homelessness