Heading Home relies heavily on local volunteers year-round to help our clients feel at home, while we focus our resources on helping them build a brighter future.
Up & Out
This program pairs volunteers with local homeless families and individuals moving from shelter into permanent housing. Through funds raised, plus donations of new and gently used housewares and furniture, volunteers outfit and decorate a client’s new apartment. The half-day experience concludes with welcoming the client into his or her new home.
Dwell With Dignity
Heading Home frequently receives in-kind furniture donations, a challenge to redistribute given our limited resources. Through this program, volunteers can be movers for a day, delivering essential furniture to clients ranging from kitchen tables to dressers.
- All Volunteers must submit a Volunteer Application.
- Volunteers under age 18 must have a consent form signed by a parent or guardian; those under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Volunteers working around children must submit to a background check.
Ongoing Volunteer Projects
- Host a birthday party or create a birthday basket for one of our youngest clients
- Donate new backpacks and school supplies
- Coordinate a donation drive for household supplies or clothing
- Assemble home starter kits, welcome kits, or toiletry kits
- Enhance our facilities through landscaping or gardening
- Collect professional clothing and non-perishable food
- Share your career expertise at our Economic Mobility Center
- Prepare a meal for a shelter
Make the holidays brighter for the families and individuals we serve by participating in our annual Holiday Gift Drive.
For more information on these and other volunteer opportunities, please contact: Lauren Jackson at 617.864.8140 / firstname.lastname@example.org